The Adventure of our Life

"For I know the plans I have for you..."

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Rick Warren

I am one of the geeks on Twitter.  Honestly, I don't think it's really for me, but what I do love about it, is being able to "follow" pastors that I really like. I really enjoy Troy Gramling (our pastor at Flamingo Road Church), Andy Stanley and Rick Warren. I especially like Rick Warren's "tweets".  At least once a day, I am getting something out of what he shares.  So, I thought I would share some of his thoughts with you. Hope you like them!

"We overestimate what we can do in 1 year & underestimate what we can do in 10. Set larger goals & take longer to reach them."

"Anytime you expect anyone to meet needs in your life that only God can meet, it's unfair to them & disappointing to you." 

"If God only used perfect people nothing would get done."

"FAITH is FOLLOWING without knowing where, WAITING without knowing when, BELIEVING without knowing how, TRUSTING without knowing why."

"All leadership is built on trust & trust is built on truth."

"My family is my 1st ministry. I'll never regret I put them before work...."

"The most common way Jesus comes into our lives is through a broken heart."

"The big error young leaders make is thinking leadership is about the leader.  It's not about YOU! It's about those you serve."

"Authenticity is being what you seem & saying what you mean."

"PAIN can either be the most useful or the most useless part of your life.  It all depends on how much you trust God in it."

There are so many more, these were just some quotes that jumped out at me, at the place I am right now in life. If you have twitter, follow Rick! I promise you'll get something out of his daily words.

No comments:

Post a Comment